Motorcycle Rental / Motorbike Hire FAQ
What do rentals include?
A motorcycle of course ! Choose from Harley-Davidson, Yamaha, Suzuki or a Triumph. All of our motorcycles are passenger friendly. Every rental includes:
- 24-hour rental period
- Unlimited mileage
- Helmets (although we suggest you bring your own for fitment and comfort)
- Saddlebags (depending on the bike)
- Passenger backrest (depending on the bike)
- Emergency contact phone number
- Shuttle service available
Do you have special Rental Discount Programs?
- For all emergency personnel (EMS, Fire, Police), and Active Duty Military.
- Group discounts typically for 3 or more bikes rented at the same time.
- Tour and travel agents, please call for special pricing.
Please note – Discounts cannot be combined. Discounts are NOT available on Charity Rides.
Is it mandatory to wear a helmet?
Yes, for your own safety, and our company safety rules, you and your passenger are required to wear a (DOT) certified helmet at all times when you ride our motorcycle. We can provide you with a loaner helmet, free of charge.
Can I bring and use my own helmet?
Yes, providing it is a certified (DOT, Snell) approved helmet. We always recommend you bring your own helmet for best fitment and comfort.
Can I bring and use my own helmet from another country?
Well, we are not helmet experts, we are bikers !!! We are not the helmet police, so if you believe that your helmet meets these safety standards, then we have no objection. Ultimately it is your decision.
Do you rent motorcycle clothing?
Yes, we have motorcycle vests (with a spine protector) available on guided tours for rent. The sizes we carry are limited. Please call in advance to confirm. Leather vests, t-shirts, bandanas, sunglasses and light gloves are available for rent as well as to purchase.
Are the motorcycles routinely inspected?
Yes, every motorcycle has a safety and mechanical inspection prior to every rental. All motorcycles are maintained and our technicians are very well acquainted with all rental bikes. Your safety is our #1 priority.
Can I pickup or the return the motorcycle after hours?
Yes, we can make special arrangements, however there is a nominal charge.
What is the difference between the “Overtime” and “Late” fees?
- Overtime charges will be applied when the scheduled return time goes past the 24 hour rental period. This must be arranged in advance, prior to your scheduled return, and is subject to motorcycle availability.
- Late charges will be applied when you return the motorcycle past your scheduled return time without prior notice and approval. (see Motorcycle Rental: Rental Process)
What happens if I am running late past my scheduled pick-up time?
Please notify us as soon as you realize you are going to be late, and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please understand that we may not be able to extend your return time, as the motorcycle might be scheduled for another rental as soon as it returns. You will still be responsible for the full rental fees as per your reservation.
What are the requirements for making a rental?
(See our detailed article on the Motorcycle Rental: Rental Process)
- You MUST have a valid motorcycle license/endorsement form the state or country where your driver’s license is issued.
- You MUST be over 25 years of age. Special arrangements may be made if renter is over 21.
- We recommend at least two years experience on motorcycles of 1000cc or greater. If you have less experience we also rent out smaller motorcycles up to 1000cc, which are lighter and also easier to handle for an inexperienced rider. See our detailed article on the “Meet the Fleet” page. If you have any questions about this requirement, please sent us an email or call us.
- You must have a major credit card. Visa or MasterCard. American Express is not accepted.
- A refundable security deposit, $1,000 – $2,000, is required at time of rental. Deposit is refunded at rental return provided motorcycle is in the same condition as when it was rented.
- For more detailed information about insurance, see the full Insurance Information here: Motorcycle Rental: Insurance
What happens if you do not have the motorcycle I reserved?
- Reservations are highly recommended to insure availability and the preferred motorcycle of your choice. We guarantee the type of motorcycle and make every attempt to provide your preferred choice, but do not guarantee a specific motorcycle’s availability. Example – If you reserved a Harley Davidson FatBoy, you will get a FatBoy, however, we cannot guarantee year or colour.
- If the motorcycle type you chose becomes unavailable, we will offer you a similar type or upgraded motorcycle at no additional charge.
- If the substituted type is unacceptable, you may cancel with a full refund. This is the limit of our responsibility to you.
What are your Cancellation policies?
Rental Deposit and Cancellation policy:
- A reservation deposit is required to hold a motorcycle. Amount of deposit vary from $100- $500 depending on length of rental.
- Cancellations with over 30 days notice will receive full deposit refund, 14-30 days notice will receive 50% deposit refund. No deposit refund with less than 14 days notice.
- Any retained deposit amount, with cancellation notice over 72 hours, can be applied to a future rental within 1 year.
- “No-Shows”, or less than 72 hours notice will be charged the full amount for the rental period, up to maximum of 5 rental days. Motorcycle will be held for 1 hour past scheduled pick up time.
- $25 cancellation fee will be added to and applied to all cancellations.
What do I do if I have a mechanical breakdown?
We do our very best to insure that breakdowns do not happen. If you have a breakdown or you feel the motorcycle is unsafe to operate, make a phone call to our emergency phone, and we will take care of the problem.
Does my personal insurance cover me on a rental motorcycle?
We have no clue!!! It seems to vary widely between the Insurance Companies. We have never yet seen an automobile insurance policy that will cover you on a rental motorcycle. Also we have found that credit cards that will cover an auto rental will NOT cover a motorcycle rental. If you own an insured motorcycle, you MAY be covered on a rental motorcycle. You need to check with your insurance or credit card companies. But for acceptance, we will need a written statement from your insurance or credit card company.
Do I need additional insurance?
This is entirely up to you. We highly recommend the following options:
- Roadside Assistance and Tire Puncture – We understand things are going to happen! You will leave the lights on and come back to the bike and find you have a dead battery, or you may run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere. With the optional Roadside Assistance, we will take care of these problems for you. It includes emergency fuel delivered to you, jump start, and towing in case of a flat tire.
(NOTE – All coverage and waivers are subject to the express terms of the rental contract and do not include coverage for personal property, or damage as the result of negligence on the part of the renter for illegal use of motorcycle or use under the influence of drugs or alcohol. RENTAL RULES MUST BE COMPLIED WITH AT ALL TIMES). (See our detailed article on Motorcycle Renta:l Insurance)
Do you have a retail showroom t-shirts and accessories?
Yes, we have a small retail showroom and can provide you with accessories and gift items.